12/07/2012 by Sarah Ritchie
After writing “20 Ways to Get Creative” [HERE], I came across this collection of tasty morsels. It is titled “Sometimes we are just too busy or too lazy to stay creative” from Jean-Francois Messier. I like this list.
Get creative. Stay creative. Think creative. Flowing in a state of perfect creative tranquility may be the stuff of Hollywood, but we can all learn to develop the mindset of a creative person. That is, if we work hard…and eat all our vegetables.
- Carry a note book everywhere: Got an idea? Write it down
- Get away from the computer
- Be open
- Surround yourself with creative people, collaborate, observe them and get their feedback
- Allow yourself to make mistakes. “Sometimes, when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations”. (Steve Jobs)
- “Take risks and break the rules” (Mary Lou Cook)
- “Don’t try to be perfect. Try to be interesting.” (Seth Godin)
- Tune out negative voices. “When you innovate you’ve got to be prepared for everyone telling you you’re nuts.” (Larry Ellison, Co-founder & CEO, Oracle). Jobs said “Don ’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your inner voice.” (Steve Jobs). “Don’t let the bozos get you down.” (Guy Kawasaki). Don’t give up.
- “Have fun.“ (Mary Lou Cook)