30/03/2011 by Sarah Ritchie
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways” (Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1806 – 1861). Rewind…”How do I love this artwork? Let me count the ways” (Sarah Ritchie, 2011).
- Leonid Afremov uses a palette knife to create his masterpieces…a technique after my own heart.
- Born in Belarus, Afremov now lives in Israel…good move!
- Check out the way he portrays the city lights…the canvases are simply glowing.
- The colours palettes are impeccable.
- Afremov has the ability to take night time scenes and make them exciting and happy.
- One word…”delicious”.
From Leonid Afremov’s website:
“…he tried different techniques during his career, but he especially fell in love with painting with oil and palette-knife. Every artwork is the result of long painting process; every canvas is born during the creative search; every painting is full of his inner world. Each of his paintings brings different moods, colors and emotions. Leonid Afremov just like those well-known artists, Da Vinci, Picasso, and Monet loves to express the beauty, harmony and spirit of this world in his paintings. With his heart completely open to art, he enjoys creating inspired and beautiful paintings from the bottom of his soul. Each of his artworks reflects his feelings, sensitivity, passion, and the music from his soul. True art is alive and inspired by humanity.“