Canvas #12: In the Shadow of His Wings (The Journey) – video

22/12/2010 by Sarah Ritchie

The journey of each of my paintings twists and turns so much that I thought you might like to watch the morphing of Canvas #12: In the Shadow of His Wings. Enjoy!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Canvas #12: In the Shadow of His Wings (The Journey) – video

1. Jeanette Hight says:

Wow!! Truely amazing Sarah. to see how many layers are in your painting is incredible and the final painting is womderful. Thank you for sharing this with friends. Bless you xoxo

2. Sarah Ritchie says:

Thanks Jeanette! Sometimes I am concerned that bits of the paintings will chip off…there is so much paint there!

3. leonabriggs says:

absolutely amazing!

4. Sarah Ritchie says:

Thanks Leona! I have decided to do this for each painting, so that I (and others) can see how each painting develops. I find that I am learning quite a lot by being able to review my own process.

• ZeVhasta says:

it depends on how thick you apply it. if your apylnipg it impasto style quite thickly. then it can take literally years to dry. you can speed this up though by adding structura, i have managed to get oil paint almost 1/4 of an inch thick dry in two days using this method. though there is a knack to it. too much structura and it will crack quite badly.also if your painting thinly with a brush, use white spirit to thin the paint, as this evaporates quickly your painting will dry much quicker, if you use linseed oil. it will stay wet for a very long time.I have used linseed oil on pencil and charcoal drawings on paper. which is still wet 10 years on.

• Sarah says:

Amazing…10 years?! My Mum kept small tubes of oil paint stored for more years than I could imagine, and they were still usable (not great, but usable). Thanks for the tips!

Your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s